Wednesday, January 13, 2010

i lay back in my cool bed
the curtains blowing, brushing over my body.
smooth mellow of Robertson
pushing my heartbeat
into a steady pulsating rhythm
my eyes half closed
as I relax.
the light bass
my heart begins to sing to me
softly at first
and then it comes louder
filling my ears
my soul
with a peace.
so cool, so relaxed.
his voice a reminder
of what I have
what I have had.
cool blue lights
my blue pupils following the notes
that grace themselves through the air
my face feels so soft under my fingertips
my closed eyelids
soft eyelashes
eyebrows
my cheekbone
a woman’s
soft lips
dry yet smooth
my body warm
my candle light dancing before me
filling my head with lazy thoughts
soft shadows on the wall
more defined on the page
my loose pen.
my aura dancing sensuously
in the corner
of my bed.
i see the streets below me
the lights, the cars
the cool breeze
blowing my head
fogging my mind
stars so soft in the thick sky
so high above the city.
my baby in my bed
so heavily asleep.
drambuie, chilled with one ice cube
in an old glass on the railing
so sweet in my mouth
i lick my lips hungrily
licking off the remaining liquor.

the rain comes
without a warning
just comes down hard
pinching my skin
pushing my long hair into my face,
the smell of sweetness.
i look up into the sky
feeling my soul soar up
looking for answers to pressing questions.
it finds it
entering my body
the rain washes me pure.
it stops.

i stand, my arms stretched out
little drops falling from my fingertips,
my nose
my eyelashes.
i taste the rain
droplets down my smooth back
the rest of my Drambuie, wasted.
i toss it over the side
never hearing it touch the ground.
i sit again in my plastic chair
my painted toes up on the railing
i close my eyes
a shiver goes through me
of knowing.
i now know…

No comments: